We need you!
Every convention is backed by a dedicated team of Volunteers and without them, the convention could not function properly. We don’t ask much from our Volunteers we just ask that you come willing to work. Don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of time to check out the panels, and see friends!
- The only requirement to volunteer is that you need to be over the age of 16.
- There are several volunteer positions that need to be fulfilled:
- Badge Checking
- Line Control
- Customer Service
A volunteer schedule is pre-made and emailed before the convention starts.
- There are opportunities to change your shift when the schedule is emailed beforehand, but the schedule is finalized the Wednesday before the convention starts, and you will no longer have an opportunity to change your shifts.
- You are expected to attend all of the shifts you are scheduled, if you do not show up without notice, your shift will be given to someone else.
- People who skip shifts without informing the Volunteer Director or the Volunteer Assistant, will not be allowed to volunteer for Yama-Con again.
- Volunteering at Yama-Con can be a fun and rewarding experience, but you ARE expected to work.
- By volunteering you are given an opportunity to help Yama-Con run efficiently and grow each year.
- Find out what it takes to pull off the largest Anime Convention in Pigeon Forge!