This year at Yama-Con, we will have a special room dedicated to workshops and hands on activities.
A workshop is a panel focused on teaching the audience something. This could include hands on activities such as cosplay wig styling, sewing techniques, demonstrations, creative writing, dancing classes, creating cosplay props, art tutorials etc. The workshop room will include tables for attendees to utilize. We encourage attendees to come and share their knowledge with each other!
Thank you for your interest in submitting programming at Yama-Con! Please be aware of the following things before submitting your application:
1) We only accept programming in one hour or two hour blocks. No 30 minute panels. No one and a half hour panels.
2) We do programming in true hour blocks with 15 minutes breaks. For example, Workshop A would start at 1:00 pm and run the full hour until 2:00 pm. Then there would be a 15 minute break and Workshop B would start at 2:15 pm.
3) We do not take special requests for time slots or for specific days when making the schedule. Please have open availability for all 3 days when submitting your workshop.
4) We do not do presenter reimbursements. We do not offer free passes in exchange for panel submissions.
5) Workshops should be appropriate for all age groups. Workshops should also be FREE to all attendees. Please do not charge.
6) The deadline for submitting workshop applications is October 24th. If your submission is approved, you will be notified by email no later than November 10th.
Email questions to Director of Programming Elle Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Workshop Application’][contact-field label=’Presenter Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Workshop Title’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Workshop Description’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Technical or Other Needs’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Length of Workshop’ type=’select’ required=’1′ options=’1 hour,2 hour’/][/contact-form]