If you are an AMV creator interested in participating in our Anime Music Video Contest, please be sure to read and apply the following guidelines and rules before filling out the entry form.
Entries are narrowed down to the top ten. Attendees come to the AMV Contest at the con to view the videos. After viewing each video, they assign it a number from one to ten based on how much they enjoyed it. The video with the highest score wins!
*Must be present at the convention to claim your prize after the contest*
- Your video must be submitted IN ADVANCE. The cut off date for entries will be November 15th at 11:59 PM.
- Your video should be no more than five minutes in length. If you feel your video needs to exceed this length, please email us at AMV@yamacon.org with your reasoning.
- Try to keep your file size below 200MB if possible. If you use H.264/MPEG-4 compression you should have no problem doing this and having HD quality.
- No titles or credits of any kind please. This includes your name and studio bumpers or logos. These not only take up time but they distract from your creation. A standard title card with credits will be provided for you.
- Audio should be primarily music, without excessive dialogue or narration (some is okay, just not too much, it is a music video after all). You may use multiple audio sources. If you use more than one song, or non-song audio sources, include each of them in the appropriate space on the entry form. Some spoken parts are acceptable given the context of your video (i.e. if you are making a Parody or Trailer-style AMV).
- Please remember that Yama- Con is a family friendly convention, and as such, videos should not contain any sexual nudity (hentai), excessive violence (a little blood is okay but not in excessively gruesome amounts), or particularly offensive materials. This includes profanity or other offensive audio (song lyrics and other audio/dialogue used). This exact determination is up to the Yama-Con staff. If you believe your video may violate or come close to violating this rule, please contact us at email@example.com
- If selected, your video will be shown on the big screen via projector at the convention. Try to use the highest-quality video sources you can. Also keep in mind that some video will look different when projected.
- No more than three entries per contestant or studio.
- We prefer entries to be 780×480 or higher at 29.97 fps.
- You may submit up to three videos.
- Entries can ONLY be accepted in digital format.
- Complete the AMV Contest Entry Form below.
- When we receive your entry we will review it and send you a confirmation email with upload instructions.
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you fill out the application, you will be contacted with video uploading instructions.
We use a “We Transfer” system.