APPLICATIONS FOR 2016 ARE CLOSED FOR BOTH ARTIST ALLEY AND DEALERS ROOM.
PLEASE WATCH FOR 2017 APPLICATIONS TO OPEN AFTER THIS YEAR’S CONVENTION
THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO APPLIED AND WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE CON THIS YEAR.
Set Up Hours: Thursday: 1 pm to 9 pm; Friday 8 am to 11:30 am
Operation Hours: Open Friday 12 pm – 8 pm, Saturday 11 am – 8 pm and Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm
Previous vendors and artists from 2015 get first dibbs on tables or booths.
Artists: Past artists will be notifies in June via email. They will have until July 1st to send payment and reserve their spot for 2016. After that the remaining spots will be filled with the wait list and/or new applications. The payment deadline for new artists will be August 1st.
Dealers: Dealers will be notified on by July 1st via email. They have until July 31st to send payment and reserve their spot for 2016. After that the remaining spots will be filled with the wait list and/or new applications. The payment deadline for new dealers will be August 31st.
The dealer room and artist alley is not filled on a first come first serve basis. We select individually in order to give our attendees the best selection.
Dealers: Price $300.00. This is for a 10 x 10 space. A booth will include one six foot table. Two badges will come with a dealer booth purchase. You may bring your own extra tables, as long as you don’t encroach on your neighbor’s space or in the aisle ways.
Artists: Price $125.00 The Artist Alley will be located in the same area as the Dealers Room. This is for one six foot table and adequate space behind. Two badges will come with an artist table purchase. Artist tables will be reserved for original artwork and handmade creations or crafts; this can be sketches, prints, comics, manga, plushies, hats, jewelry, etc. Artists tables are open to any kind of art, but it must be made by the artist who is selling it.
Payment, Refunds and Trades
We accept, checks, money orders and paypal. We are sorry, but we do not offer any refunds for vendor space purchases. We also do not allow artists to trade spaces if they are unable to attend. Payment must be made by specified date which will either be printed on a paypal invoice or noted in email. Our paypal is email@example.com.
Before setting up, a confirmed dealer/artist is required to check in with the dealer room or artist alley manager. Have some form of identification. We also require a signed copy of these guidelines to be on file prior to check in and set up. We will have the guidelines provided for you to read and sign.
Taxes and the Law
Be aware that all dealers and artists are responsible for applying all applicable state sales taxes to their own profits. We expect compliance with all laws regarding intellectual property and reserve the right to ban entire product lines which are known to be forged or bootleg versions of original products. The city of Pigeon Forge requires us to collect a two dollar a day fee for all vendors. This will be included in the price of your booth or table.
Food sales are allowed, but the vendor selling the food will be responsible to pay the venue 25% of their total food sales. This is the venue’s policy and has nothing to do with Yama-Con.
No bullying, disrespect, or harassment of any kind towards other vendors, attendees or convention staff. Violation of this will result in automatic expulsion from the convention.
All Exhibitors are fully and solely responsible for their property and merchandise during the course of the event. Yama-Con is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. The dealers room and artist alley will be locked after close.
Per the venue, our convention is responsible for removing any trash left behind in the dealer’s room/artist alley. Please deposit your trash in specified areas accordingly. This includes cardboard boxes, plastic wrapping, etc.
Power is available through the convention center for a fee. It is $75 if purchased before October 1st. If purchased the Thursday or Friday of the convention it is $95.
Dealers are expected to have their tables open and manned for the extent of the convention. No early shutdowns.
Our venue the LeConte Center doesn’t like adult content. If you are selling 18+ merchandise please display it tastefully. If a member of venue staff asks you to stop selling or remove any adult merchandise please do so.
Artist Alley Director Sasha MacDougal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dealer Room Director Charlie Aiken: email@example.com
Other Rules and Regulations
The following is a list of rules to which a dealer/artist must adhere to during Yama-Con. The Vendor Director reserves the right to make changes or exceptions and add rules as they see fit. Anyone found to be in violation of these rules will receive a warning and further violations will result in expulsion from the convention. If problems continue, further steps will be taken.
1. Have your badge on your person at all times during convention hours.
2. No exchanging tables or booths to a second party.
3. All displays must be secure and safe to avoid potential injury while applying to all fire codes.
4. No dealer/artist may display outside of their purchased, designated space.
5. Displays with adhesive, thumbtacks, etc. which could cause damage to the venue are not permitted. Goffer, painters or electrical tape may be used to secure things to the floor as long as no damage will happen upon removal. Absolutely nothing may be secured to the wall.
6. Noxious fumes (from paint, t-shirt presses, etc.) or excessively loud noise (from televisions, stereos, etc.) is not allowed. Please respect the health and rights of the people around you. Music can be played at a low volume.
7. While inside the dealers/artists room, you are expected to act in a respectable manner.
8. Any artist accepting commissions that require a live model must conduct these commissions in a way that does not disrupt the flow of traffic and/or other artist, dealers or attendees.
9. Please reasonably clean and organize your area. This includes cardboard boxes and other trash.
10. Adult material is to be displayed in non-offensive and tasteful manner.
11. Be sure to check each attendees ID to assure that they are of age before selling or presenting adult materials.